Backing up and recovering critical Salesforce data is crucial, and there are lots of solutions available. But how do you choose the best one for your needs? That’s where we come in. It’s time to explore the features and benefits CapStorm and Own have to offer. This will help you make an informed choice for Salesforce data protection. So, let’s begin and find out which solution is best for you.
What Is CapStorm?
CapStorm is a self-hosted Salesforce data management solutions provider offering a pathway to ownership and control over data for Salesforce users. With its commitment to excellence and customer satisfaction, CapStorm makes Salesforce data accessible and verifiable off-platform, allowing users to make better decisions. Additionally, CapStorm has established itself as a trusted partner for organizations seeking to leverage the power of Salesforce data.
What Is Own?
Own, formerly known as OwnBackup, is a cloud-to-cloud backup and recovery platform designed specifically for Salesforce data protection. It specializes in providing comprehensive backup, restore, and sandbox seeding solutions for businesses that rely on Salesforce as their customer relationship management (CRM) platform. With Own, organizations can securely back up their Salesforce data, metadata, and attachments to protect against accidental deletion, data corruption, or security breaches.
What to Consider When Choosing Between CapStorm and Own
Deciding what aspects of your Salesforce data management solution are most important can be time-consuming, so we’ll handle the hard part for you. If you’re unsure what to look for as you compare CapStorm and Own, we’ve got you covered. There are a few key factors to consider when which Salesforce data management solution might be right for your organization:
- Ease of use: You want a solution that is easy to set up and use, so that you can get started quickly and efficiently.
- Cost: Both CapStorm and Own vary in price depending on factors such as how many orgs you have, users, etc., Comparing the pricing options for both can leave you better prepared to decide which fits your budget.
- Reliability: Check out review sites like G2 and the Salesforce AppExchange to see how customers rate the reliability of CapStorm and Own. Look for any instances of outages and see how they were handled.
- Security: Keeping your data secure is critical to any Salesforce data management solution, so you want to ensure each solution offers you top-notch security to protect your data.
Whether you choose CapStorm or Own, keeping these factors at the forefront of your decision will give you peace of mind that you chose the best solution for your business.
Who Should Use CapStorm vs. Own
Choosing between CapStorm and Own ultimately depends on the specific requirements you have for your Salesforce data, as well as preferences and the level of granularity you need for Salesforce data protection. Here are some of the reasons you might choose a self-hosted Salesforce data management solution like CapStorm:
Use CapStorm If:
- Efficient Salesforce backup and recovery is crucial: If you need reliable on-prem backups and efficient recovery options, CapStorm provides robust data protection solutions, ensuring that your Salesforce data is securely stored and quickly recoverable when needed.
- Cost-effectiveness matters: CapStorm provides competitive pricing plans, making it a cost-effective choice for businesses with budget constraints. If you are looking for a solution that offers essential features without breaking the bank, CapStorm could be the right fit for you.
- Highly regulated industries are your focus: Whether it’s HCLC, PubSec, or FinServ, CapStorm’s solutions allow your business to meet global compliance requirements and ensure data security. CapStorm’s compliance solution preserves granular control over data classification while offering encryption at the field level, enabling advanced data protection for streamlined data controls.
- Scalability is in your future: CapStorm is scalable and can cater to businesses of all sizes. Whether you are a small startup or a large enterprise, CapStorm can adapt to your Salesforce data protection needs as your business grows.
Below is a more in-depth comparison of features offered by CapStorm and Own:
With CapStorm’s Salesforce data management solutions, you can:
- Implement automated backups up to every 3 minutes.
- Perform full and incremental data backups on demand.
- Verify data backup accuracy and completeness.
- Backup Salesforce standard and custom objects, packages, and Big Objects.
- Enable point-in-time data recovery.
- Rollback metadata like profiles and flows with clicks.
On the other hand, if you’re looking for a software-as-a-service (SaaS) Salesforce data protection platform that can handle your company’s backup, recovery, and sandbox seeding needs, then Own might be the right choice for you.
What Customers Say
Both CapStorm and Own’s solutions are available for review on G2, the leading peer-to-peer software product review site. CapStorm’s flagship product, CopyStorm, currently has a rating of 5/5, while Own comes in at 4.6/5. It should be noted that Own has significantly more reviews available, with over 200, while CapStorm has just a few.
Below are some of the 5-star reviews each solution has received from G2:
When writing their online reviews, users of CapStorm and Own tend to highlight the ease of use both solutions have and the support each company offers its customers.
CapStorm Gives You Full Control Over Your Salesforce Data
When it comes to third-party alternatives, CapStorm’s Salesforce backup and data recovery solutions are by far the most comprehensive way to protect your invaluable Salesforce data.
CapStorm ensures that your data is completely and efficiently backed up to your own database. This gives you full, autonomous control over your own data instead of handing your data to a third party.
Are you looking for the leading self-hosted solution that can help protect your Salesforce org against ransomware, data loss, or data corruption? Talk to our experts today.