What Does it Mean to Have Salesforce Data Governance?
Salesforce data governance and data access control is a growing concern for organizations that use Salesforce and must abide by multiple regulatory standards. Products like Salesforce Shield® control data visibility within the SFDC-UI. But, it grows increasingly difficult to maintain granular control over data classification, regulatory segmentation, and encryption once data transits out of Salesforce and into the enterprise data fabric.
CS:Govern is designed for organizations that a) use Salesforce, and b) must abide by multiple complex regulations. CapStorm empowers regulatory compliance while also preserving compliance methods within the enterprise data fabric.
CapStorm Solves Common Regulatory Challenges
It’s hard to keep your business out of the news when your data processor steps out of regulatory compliance. Any trust in a third party with your regulated Salesforce data is a risk that carries potential consequences far beyond GDPR’s up to four percent fine of annual revenue. Data is the blood of a business, and if you lose too much, you die. At the same time, data is meant to be used and to disperse vital insights into all areas of the organization. CapStorm customers keep Salesforce data behind their firewall for maximum utilization of analytics, business continuity, developer operations, and integration. CapStorm allows customers to do all this while achieving data controls, granular data segmentation and encryption that reduce enterprise risk.
Data Governance at Every Level
- Ensure compliance standards are met both at present and as standards change.
- Prove GDPR compliance with audit reports.
- Achieve data segmentation and access controls based on user roles.
- Minimize risk by maintaining data behind your firewall.
- Control key rotation periods based on your requirements.
- Set & forget confidence.
- Gain data access control over every Salesforce environment, including sandboxes.
- Eliminate the possibility of PII or other compliance data in lower environments.
- Minimize ransomware risk with a self-hosted Salesforce data, metadata, and structurer replica.
- Increase enterprise confidence by reducing access to proprietary data by 3rd parties.
Post Governance (Continuous Improvement)
Ready to level up? Your organization is protecting compliance data and enabling the optimal flow of data through the entire enterprise. Salesforce data is integrated into the full data fabric, with unlimited reporting in near-real time across all production systems. The development lifecycle is greatly reduced with a scripted sandbox seeding process to generate testing and training environments. One or more Salesforce organizations have been consolidated, or data obtained through acquisition has been integrated using CapStorm’s enablement and governance solutions.
Now, it is time to optimize and improve the data flow, and we are here to help. Click below to schedule an architecture session for a comprehensive analysis of your current CapStorm configurations. You will walk away with a vision of the future CapStorm roadmap and suggestions on how to optimize your environments.