Salesforce Backup for Compliance
Salesforce data on-premises or in your private cloud, behind your firewall.
- Does your data need to stay within country boundaries? You control where data is stored.
- Need to verify the backup? The CopyStorm database and logs are fully accessible – on your machines!
- Tracking record changes? Full field history tracking at the click of a button. No field limit per object.
- Retaining deleted records? Select a specific retention policy or save deleted records indefinitely.
- GDPR concerns? See Capstorm’s solution to find and obfuscate instances of sensitive data.
There are two approaches to a Salesforce backup: On-premises or Cloud based. Do you trust a third party to care as much as you do about the security of your Salesforce data? If your data is stored on another business’ server, how can you verify that the backup is complete? Is the data readily available for restore in case of a data disaster? For complete control over the backup process and data security, use a self-hosted solution.
Frequently Asked Questions
CopyStorm reads Salesforce records over the API. Record timestamps are used to determine which records have been added or modified since the last backup and should be copied. New and changed records are copied into the backup database. More information can be found here: How Does CopyStorm Work?
CopyStorm gives you full control over the backup process! This includes the frequency of the backup. Most people run CopyStorm every 5 to 15 minutes to keep mission critical Salesforce data backed up.
Yes, many CopyStorm customers use Shield Platform Encryption. CopyStorm backs up records based upon the Salesforce credentials entered into CopyStorm. If the user can read unencrypted field data, CopyStorm will copy the unencrypted value. If the user cannot read unencrypted data, the encrypted value is copied.
CopyStorm and the backup database are on your computer behind your firewall. Capstorm will never see your data. All Salesforce communications are encrypted using HTTPS. For more information see: How Does CopyStorm Provide Salesforce Backup Security.